An American classic, these peanut butter cups are awesome for a little treat or as a home made present. Recipe is from an amazing book I’ve found called Carefree Candies.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
Chocolate, chopped x
Coconut Milk x 1/4 cup
Erythritol, powdered x 3/4 cup
Stevia extract (to taste) 1/8 – 1/4 tsp
Celtic Sea Salt, fine x 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract x 1 tsp
Peanut Butter Filling
Peanut Butter x 1 cup
Almond flour x 1 cup
Stevia extract x 1/8 – 1⁄4 tsp
Celtic Sea Salt x 1 pinch of finely ground
1. Add coconut milk, baker’s chocolate, powdered erythritol, 1⁄4 tsp. stevia extract, 1⁄4 tsp. salt and vanilla to a heavy-bottomed saucepan over very low heat. Stir until melted – the mixture will be fairly thick.
2. While the chocolate is melting, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, peanut
butter, 1⁄4 tsp stevia and salt. Mix using a spatula or your hands. Adjust sweetness and salt to taste.
3. Using a melon baller or large spoon, scoop heaping tablespoons of the chocolate into the mini muffin
tin. Use your thumb to make a well in the center.
4. Using a teaspoon, scoop peanut butter mixture and form 1⁄2 inch balls. Push the peanut butter balls
onto the chocolate, flattening with your fingers.
5. Transfer to refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from fridge. Run hot water over the bottom of the pan to help loosen candies. Using a thin
knife, run the blade around the edge of a cup and pop it out.
7. Store peanut butter cups in an airtight container in freezer or refrigerator.
Nutrition Info per serving
Fats: 14.6 g
Sodium: 24.7 mg
Carbs: 6.6 g
Fibre: 3.6 g
Sugar: 0.7 g
Protein: 5.4 g