1 x cup Plain Flour
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 x cup of Shredded Coconut (or an extra ½ cup of Oats if you don’t like coconut)
1 x cup Oats
1 tbsp Golden syrup
½ tsp Bicarb Soda
2 tbsp Hot Water
- Combine the dry ingredients: oats, coconut, flour, sugar.
- Melt golden syrup and butter in pot or 30 seconds in microwave (be careful it’s not too hot if you use the microwave!). Add the bicarb soda – it may froth when you do this. Add the hot water. Stir to form a paste.
- Add the wet mix into the dry mix in a large bowl. Stir.
- Place flattened balls of the mix onto a baking tray.
- Bake at 80C for 12-15 mins. The biscuits are cooked when they start to look golden; they will be soft when you remove them from the oven but will harden in a few minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!!
Oats are a very healthy carbohydrate and are good for sustained energy release as well as being great for anxiety and mood. Coconut is a healthy fat that children need for brain development. Golden syrup and brown sugar are better alternatives to white sugar! These biscuits are especially good for children as they are fun to make and healthy to eat.